Content basically includes what you see on the site: the text, graphics, and even links to other websites. You should not use excessive graphics because they are not Search Engine Friendly plus heavy graphics normally put the users out when they get downloaded, especially over a slow network.
Thousands of articles, books, and forum entries are available on how to make your website search engine friendly, but ultimately, one rule stands above the rest: Unique, high-quality, unduplicated content is the king.
Superior the quality of your content, the higher the ranking you achieve, larger the traffic you gain and greater the popularity of your website. Search engines prefer good quality sites in their index and search results.
Relevant, fresh, and timely content is crucial in attracting visitors to your website. It helps you both draw traffic from search engines and create audience loyalty.
Unique, High-Quality Content
When people visit a website for information, they want your unique spin on a topic. How is your material or content unique? Is that uniqueness obvious, and easy to find and to understand? Visitors want unique, high-quality site content. It is not only your home page content, but also all the linked pages should have useful and easy-to-understand content.
Now-a-days, search engines have become very smart and they are able to understand complete grammar and complete phrase. Hence while ranking a page against other, the content available on a page matters.
Sites with duplicated, syndicated, or free content are get given red flags by the search engines.
SEO Content Writing (Copy Writing)
SEO Content Writing (also referred as SEO Copy writing), involves the process of integrating keywords and informative phrases which make up the actual content of your website.
While writing your webpage content, the following tips may help you in keeping it better than others.
- The content should be directed for the specified target audience.
- Keyword density is strictly adhered as per search engine guidelines.
- Titles should always be eye-catching, compelling your visitors to read on and want to know what you offer in your website.
- Do not use confusing, ambiguous, and complex language. Use small statements to make your content more understandable.
- Keep your web pages short.
- Organize and distribute the content on the webpages.
- Divide your web page content also into short paragraphs.
Other Advantages of Having Great Content
It is not only SEO you need to think about. Many factors contribute to make your site popular.
- If your site is having something really unique, then people like to suggest it to their friends.
- Other webmasters like to create a link of your site on their sites.
- Your site visitors start trusting on your site and they look forward for the next content update and keep coming again and again.
- Although you are listed out by search engine, a but net surfer will click only that page whose content snippet looks more unique and interesting.
Creating, editing, and promoting unique high-quality content is difficult and time consuming. But in the end, the golden rule of SEO is that Content is the King. It is not because of a search engine, but it is for your site visitors. A page that is read by people is better than a page that is read by bots.
So, write your content after a serious thought. Keep your title, keywords, link text, metatags up-to-date, unique, and interesting.